We are inviting applications for a project-based mentorship in Concert Audio and Video Production and Post-Production Editing to take place at our upcoming “Halloween Gala” concert, Saturday, October 28, 2023, 7:30 PM in Guelph, Ontario.
What is it?
We are partnering with Soundstill Productions to provide a mentorship for 1 or 2 ‘emerging technicians’ who are under 30 years of age, in the creation of a professional video of a live choral concert. This mentorship will include recording a 40+ voice SATB choir (GCC), 2 pianos, percussion (TorQ percussion group), and Soprano, Tenor, and Baritone soloists in a program of Halloween music, featuring Carl Orff’s ‘Carmina Burana’ in the second half in Guelph on Saturday, October 28.
Mentorship will include:
- Working with Soundstill Productions to create multi-camera live-performance cinematography
- Simultaneous acoustic choral/ instrumental audio recording
- Audio and Video Post-production using Pro Tools and Davinci Resolve
What is the time requirement?
- Liaising with Soundstill Productions prior to October 28
- Working with Tim on Saturday, October 28 in pre-performance requirements (time TBC), filming concert at 7:30 PM, assisting with tear-down of equipment
- Post-production editing, with an estimated time requirement of 10 hours
Is there an honorarium?
The GCC is offering $150 for the concert work on October 28, and an additional $200 for an estimated 10 hours of post-production editing work with Soundstill Production.
How do I apply?
- Provide your full name, preferred pronouns, email contact information, and date of birth (program is aimed for emerging artists under 30 years old).
- Answer the following 3 questions:
- Have you sung in any choirs, and if so, where and when? Do you have any other musical experience?
- Do you have any previous experience capturing/editing audio and/or video? If so, please let us know any software platforms with which you have familiarity (ie Pro Tools, DaVinci Resolve, etc.)
- Is there anything else you would like us to know about skills and experience you may bring to the technical requirements of recording a live concert?
- Please attach links to 1 or 2 different audio/video EXAMPLES you have created.
Submit Applications by Friday, October 20 to:
GCC General Manager, Tammy teWinkel
Artistic Director, Dr. Charlene Pauls